Exit strategy: 7 Cardinal Sins
If you plan to sell your company in a few years, you cannot start to plan too early. Later we will give the 11 Commandments that increase attractiveness and value to a potential buyer. But first, here is the list of the 7 Deadly Sins that make your company unattractive to buyers and lower its sale value.
- Make the business reliant on you
- One client represents over 15% of revenue
- No regular management or budgetting
- Repeat buyer rates of less than 60%
- Unexplained discrepancies in your accounts
- Exposure to a few suppliers
- Poor workforce morale
Sound familiar? Want to increase the potential sale value of your company? Then get in touch to make amends as soon as possible.
List courtesy of Rob Goddard, Evolution Complete Business Sales, Reading.